Friday 13 March 2009

Facing with myself

On 4th of March we had an Art lesson with Dorthe. To tell you the truth I didn't want to participate in this class, because I felt I'm not really talented to draw, moreover to draw my own portrait. "No, it's not for me!" - I thought. I was nervous, but we started with a sort of hyggeling - have a cup of coffee/tea - and during that Dorthe spoke herself and explained what we going to do. Then I calmed down, because she has such a nice personality. We had to prepare 5 different portraits. At the first two portraits it was not allowed to look down to the paper, only just focusing our face in the mirror, and draw that way. It was really difficult and the result wasn't satisfying. I nearly cried, but I kept my tears back. During we were drawing, Dorthe was walking around and had a personal comment for everyone. I said to her I can't draw a better way, when she said: "If you say negative words, like ' I can't' , it 's block you and you never be able to draw. You have to beleive yourself."
These words helped a lot for me. I tried to make myself beleive "you can do that". She came back several times and encoureged me. My drawings become better and better, but - of course - it is still not perfect. I have never watch myself that many times in the mirror, than this lesson.
This lesson developed not only my skills in drawing, but my personality as well.
TAK for this, Dorthe! : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment