Wednesday 25 February 2009

Carnival in the College

On the 20th of February we had a fancy dress party in the College. We made lots of preparation before that. First we tried to rent some costumes from a shop, but there wasn't that much choice - most of them were already taken - , so we had to use our creativity...
One day I went to one of the charity shops and I saw a bag full of teabags. I thougt those are teabags, so I bought them. When I came home, I ralised there aren't any teabags in the bag at all, only just a collection of teabag papers. I bacame very angry, and I wanted to throw them away. I told the story first for Lilla and she suggested to keep them, because they are so colourful and special. After I told the story for the others; everybody laughed at me - of course - , because I bought half a kilo paper for 10 DKK...Then the idea came: the fancy dress party was coming and I haven't have anything to wear. I decided to be a tealady/teabag, but I had to buy a dress as well. So I went back an other charity shop and suprisingly I found a dress, which was suit for me and sewed some of the teabag papers on it. I also bought a teapot, so the fancy dress was completed and it was really cheap!But not only me, everybody was very creative: Cleopatra, bottle opener&bottle, impressionist artist, devil, clown, Zorro, gypsy girl,...etc.
It was really difficult to rode the bike in these costumes and in snowfall, but finally we arrived in safe to the College.
We met there some of our buddies and our teachers and we had fun together. Although the music wasn't best to dance - it was a sort of "concert music" - , we still could enjoy the night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment